2022 Bond Program
Bond Election Information and Election Results
Click here to access Erath County election results (including the 2022 Bond Election results).
The Stephenville ISD Board of Trustees voted to call a $75 million bond election to be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022. The bond package will be voted on it two propositions. Proposition A includes funding for a new district football/soccer stadium and Proposition B includes funding for a multi-purpose indoor facility, new tennis complex and baseball stands and press box.
The district’s last bond was in 2018 and included major additions and renovations to Stephenville High School, including CTE improvements, new Ag Science Center, Fine Arts improvements, new gym and softball complex, as well as safety and security improvements at Gilbert Intermediate. All projects from the 2018 bond are substantially completed and have been delivered on time and on budget. The specific areas being addressed in the proposed 2022 bond were not directly impacted by the 2018 bond.
There will be two propositions on the ballot. In accordance with state law, these project types must be presented to voters in separate propositions on the ballot.
Voters have an opportunity to vote for or against both propositions. Voters should record their vote in each of the two propositions on the ballot.
Proposition A: New District Football/Soccer Stadium - $50,000,000
New District Football/Soccer Stadium
- Football and soccer competition turf field
- Seating for 8,000 (approximately 5,500 home side with some chair back, and 2,500 visitor)
- Press box, lighting, scoreboard, and AV equipment
- Home and visitor locker rooms/halftime facilities
- Home and visitor restrooms and concessions
- To be constructed on land already owned by the district at the corner of Frey Street and Wolfe Nursery Road
- Suitable for hosting playoff games, tournament play, band, dance, ROTC competitions
- Support school and community events and activities
Proposition B: New Multi-Purpose Indoor Facility, Tennis Complex and Baseball Stands and Press Box - $25,000,000
- To be located at SHS
- Includes indoor turf field and drop-down nets for baseball/softball practice
- To be scheduled by student programs on a regular basis and as a safe alternative during inclement weather
- To serve as additional practice and rehearsal space for student programs, including:
- Summer Strength and Conditioning Programs
- To be located at SHS and serve growing tennis program
- Currently do not have tennis courts and use the city's courts requiring transportation across town and limiting access for student athletes
- Includes 8 courts, bleachers, lighting and fencing with windscreen
- Will allow for hosting of tournaments
- New stands and press box at existing SHS baseball stadium