Dynamic and 21st Century Learning - Framework - Texas TEKS
Welcome to the SISD Curriculum Documents Homepage. The SISD Curriculum Framework provides the basis for what teachers will teach and students will learn in the classrooms throughout SISD. These documents are the result of the collaborative efforts from SISD professional staff and outline the foundation of the District’s instructional program. The SISD curriculum development initiative is a part of an ongoing process designed to ensure a viable learning environment for all students.
- TEKS Introductions - Knowledge and Skill Statements, Process Skills, and Student Expectations The introductory paragraphs from the TEKS for each grade and course provide valuable information toward a better understanding of the state standards. These documents are necessary as they contain testable content and intent that may not be found within the grade level's knowledge and skill statements and student expectations.
- Vertical Alignment Documents outline the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) as they are taught across the grade levels, including specific content standards for each grade.
- Curriculum Bundle Documents (Scope and Sequence) provide an outline of the TEKS/SEs to be taught in each three week period.
- Assurance Words outline necessary content specific vocabulary for use in building academic vocabulary. Students are expected to master these words by the end of the assigned grade level/course.
- Year at a Glance overviews include Enduring Understandings and Essential Questions for each three week bundle. These provide a big picture perspective of the course and are designed to help increase understanding of material covered in a particular bundle.
- College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) provide the basis of what students should know and be able to do to succeed in an entry-level college course.
- English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS) provide guidance for effective integration of second language acquisition with quality content area instruction social in English, needed for daily social interactions to think critically, understand and learn new concepts, process complex academic material, and interact and communicate in English academic settings.
- Curriculum Feedback will allow the user to access the Curriculum Feedback Form to provide comments about the curriculum documents. Feedback submitted through this forum provides documentation to strengthen and support the revision process crucial to the development of the curriculum documents.
- Calendar feature illustrates the days of instruction in each bundle.
- Instructional Resources or Links are located in each content and grade level bundle document.