The Board of Trustees met on August 28, 2023 for a called meeting. A recording of the meeting can be found by clicking here or visiting the “Videos” section of the Board of Trustees page on the Stephenville ISD website.
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS (August 28, 2023 agenda)
- Approve Consent Agenda
- Approve Proposal for Tennis Courts - This proposal has been indesign for some time. This is a desired location and allows for some flexibility in design due to the proximity to existing facilities. Tentative timeline would allow for practice to begin on the new courts in January of 2024.
- Safety and Security Audit Report - Ms. Kathy Hampton, Executive Director of Staff and Student Services reported on the process for completing the safety audit. She reported some changes that the district has made as a result of the audit. The safety audit is required of all public school districts every 3 years.
- Resolution of committed funds was established and approved.
- Public Hearing on Proposed 2023-2024 Budget and Tax Rate - see video linked above
- The Board unanimously voted to adopt the proposed budget which includes the general budget, child nutrition budget and debt service budget.
- The Board unanimously voted to adopt the proposed tax rate for Stephenville ISD for 2023-2024 which reflects a decrease of 14.09% from the previous year.
- The Texas Legislature passed HB 3033 which declares all days other than Saturday, Sunday and recognized state or federal holidays are Business Days for responding to public information requests. School Boards are allowed to designate up to 10 additional days as Non-Business Days for the purpose of responding to public information requests. Recommendation of dates was presented and resolution was established for Non-Business Days.
- Consider update of SISD Guardian Program Guidelines 2023
FUTURE BOARD MEETING
Monday, September 18, 2023, Open Session, 5:30 p.m., Bond Auditorium