Special thanks to Mayci Hamilton and Rhett Reed, students from Henderson Jr. High School for leading the pledges and invocation prior to the start of the meeting.
A recording of the meeting can be found by clicking here or visiting the "Videos" section of the Board of Trustees page on the Stephenville ISD website.
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS (October 16, 2023 Agenda)
Highlighted Items discussed from the Consent Agenda included:
- purchase of 2 new route buses as part of the general approved budget
- purchase of fence slat material and egress gates as part of a school safety grant
- Mr. Miller and Mr. McCleery volunteered to serve on the audit committee to take place December 13, 2023
- The district's Catastrophic Leave bank continues to have adequate support for requests that are made.
- ADA (Average Daily Attendance) for the first 6 weeks of the school year is 31.21 students higher than the previous year.
Mr. Tim Sherrod, Executive Director of Finance and Operations, reported on the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas. SISD earned a perfect score of 100 for a Superior Achievement "A" Rating. Mr. Sherrod thanked his team in the business office for their efforts and the smooth operations of the district.
A Class Size Waiver was presented for one kindergarten class with 23 students at Central Elementary. Without a waiver, class sizes for kindergarten thru fourth grade are capped at 22. The waiver was approved.
Representatives from Parkhill and Crossland reported on the stadium project. See the video for details.
Dr. Eric J. Cederstrom reported on progress of the Tennis courts and Baseball improvements. He spoke about the safety and security of all district events and facilities.
Melonie Parker, 2nd grade teacher at Chamberlin Elementary reported on the incredible learning that took place on "Carnival Day" through classroom transformations and engaging learning. A video showcasing the day was shared.
FUTURE BOARD MEETING
Monday, November 13, 2023, Open Session, 5:30 p.m., Bond Auditorium