NOTICE OF DESTRUCTION OF SPECIAL EDUCATION RECORDS
Stephenville ISD Special Education Department will dispose the education records of students who have been dismissed or withdrawn from SISD Special Education Program for five years or more.
These records will be destroyed in accordance with state law unless the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student notifies the school district otherwise. Records not requested by 4:30 PM, Central Time, January 6, 2019 will be destroyed. With proof of identity, the parent/guardian or eligible adult student may request a copy of the records by mail.
The written request for Special Education records scheduled for destruction must include the following information:
- Student’s full legal name
- Student’s date of birth
- Date services ended
- Name and relationship of person requesting copies
- Statement indicating that there is no legal action against you that prohibits your rights to the records
- Signature of adult student or legal guardian and date
- Mailing address to which the copies should be sent to or
- Contact information (phone number, email address) for notification when the records are ready to be picked up
A valid picture ID must be presented at the time the records are picked up.
Mail signed requests to:
SISD Records Management
ATTN: Special Education Record Request
2655 W. Overhill Drive
Stephenville, TX 76401
After January 6, 2019 all records will be destroyed in accordance with state law.